knit twisted

where the cats in my head unwind the thread of my thoughts around the legs of the furniture.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

september

so far, just sockdown socks.

the sockdown categories this month are toe up, or grumperina designs. since I just did my first ever toe up socks and.. while those turned out great, am still resistant to the whole concept, I'm knitting grumperina.

first, roza's socks from the spring issue of interweave knits.

roza's socks

lorna's laces shepherd sock, purple iris colorway, 2.5mm needles. these are for my mother in law for christmas. :)

and for my second trick,

jaywalkers in progress

I'm giving jaywalkers a try again. it's been almost a year and a half since my first dismal attempt, and this time, it's working. 84 stitch version, 2.5mm needles and considerable more experience in the sock department has produced a sock that does actually go over a human ankle, so I'm very happy with this.

I bought this yarn in germany in january and it's been chilling in my stash since, waiting for me to be in the mood to knit it and find a pattern that suits it. I think this pattern does suit it, dandily. :)

in other news, I swapped some sock yarn for some dk weight peace fleece, and am pondering a sweater. I need to order a skein for contrast, for the facings and I need to either finish my curtain (problematic, since the yarn I got to finish it doesn't *match*) to reclaim that needle, or obtain another size 6 circ.. I need to swatch and wash and measure.. I need to *read* knitting workshop.. twice maybe.. and then I'll be ready to go. :) I'm going to attempt a hybrid sweater. unless I change my mind and decide to do the cobblestone sweater from this issue of IK, instead..

have not worked up the enthusiasm to do the heel on the I love gansey sock yet, and the second regia galaxy.. jupiter.. whichever.. something spacey.. sock is languishing just before the heel on the second sock too, but it'll get done before too long.

oh! ordered up some of those new harmony dpn's last saturday from knitpicks and they arrived yesterday (along with more sock yarn), one set hopped straight into that jaywalker, you can see 'em peeking out. I *love* them! not bendy! nice and smooth! good points! I can't decide if I'm relieved or disappointed that they are not so garrishly colored as they appeared on the website. a little of both, I think. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Great choice of pattern for the Tiger yarn -- it looks wonderful!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Carrie Penny said...

Your Jaywalkers are looking great!! I love that yarn, it is very pretty. I am starting to think that I need to go to Germany to get some yarns. The yarn I bought off Sarah a few months ago was bought in Germany too.

I keep wanting to buy Jen's bubblegum sock yarn. It is very garish, but it is so pretty and who doesn't want that pair of sock you wear with something more conservative that noone can see but you.

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home