knit twisted

where the cats in my head unwind the thread of my thoughts around the legs of the furniture.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

campanula

campanula

I started this last night. it's going kind of slowly so far.

first off, I've never done a toe-up sock before. it is kind of a kick to be able to stick my foot in it already but.. it seems so.. alien.

secondly.. I couldn't make heads or tails out of the provisional cast-on movie at knittinghelp.com so I sorta winged that and it's a little wonky. maybe I'll do a better job on the second sock. :)

third.. I gotta tell you I'm not much of a fan of the K3tog(tbl) process.. whoa. what a almost unpossible thing to do!

fourth.. isn't it pretty?! I have to keep stopping and admiring it.

I'm using knitpicks new cotton blend sock yarn, risata.. my first experience with this.. or with any knitpicks sock yarn, actually, although I have some essential and a ball of that other new striped one.. well.. 2 balls.. stashed. I like this yarn. I'll have to get more.

fourth again.. isn't it pretty? scroll down a bit and read my campanula post again.. you know you all want this pattern. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Penny said...

Very pretty, the color is perfect for the pattern! I want to try a toe up sock, but I am nervous, it is kinda like when I did my first afterthought heel...

8:00 AM  
Blogger anno said...

ya know.. it's not really at all the color it looks on my screen in this photo.. it's really a very gamecockish garnet color. :-D course.. maybe that's how it looks on your screen. :)

I've not done an afterthought heel ever, either.. but this particular toe-up technique I reckon must be pretty much the same as an afterthought heel, only doing it without any sock. that's pretty much what it is.. a short row heel, and then a sock grows out of it.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home