knit twisted

where the cats in my head unwind the thread of my thoughts around the legs of the furniture.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

surprise!!

toddler size.

toddler surprise jacket

such a fun pattern, I wish I knew more babies. this one of knitonecrochettoo ty-dy in verandah color, I got it half price from.. a shop with a similar name.. maybe that was the name of the shop and the yarn is from a place with a similar name, I.. have a ball band and know I'm right now. :) cotton stuff. is for the sister of the baby the baby one is for, so.. if the baby one fits the baby, this one oughta fit her.. :)

I look forward to these sweaters being tried on actual children so I can gain a clue far as what size actual children are...

it's really not my fault I don't know this. My children are 20 and 23 so it's been a good while since I had little children around.. and they were both weird children far as sizes go. the first one was tiny.. she wasn't incredibly tiny, 5#8, which is the official first baby size in both our families.. I was 5#8, my husband was 5#8, my niece was 5#8, my daughter was 5#8.. my sister's first was 4#11 but he was really early.. none of the rest of 'em were.. and that's all the first babies we have in several generations so.. it's kinda the pattern. she was small and she stayed small for a while so she fit premie stuff and 3 month stuff for a good 4-5 months.

the second one was huge.. biggest baby ever born on either side of our family at 6#11 :-P. he lived up to the huge standard though, in the beginning and wore 18 month clothes from the time he was 4 months old until he was 2 and a half.. he actually wore out 18 month clothes. he was born, he grew round, and then for a couple years he stayed the same circumference and got progressively taller. when he was 2.5, he finally started getting too tall for those 18 month clothes. today he's the tallest slenderest person in the family.. but of absolutely no help in figuring out whether these sweaters are going to fit small children.

the mother of baby Paxton who will be born next month says she is sure he weighs 42 pounds and is 3 feet tall already. she is also no help.

so.. cross your fingers. I like knitting these. It'd be nice if they actually fit little children.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Penny said...

I love the sweater! It is super cute! If I had one to fit me, I would wear it!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

This is very cute too! Love the colors!

8:42 PM  
Blogger faddisfamily said...

Anno -- It certainly looks like it would fit a 2-3 year old toddler. Mine is about that age, 32 lbs and she wears anything from 2T-4T, and a few 18-month things like capris where it doesn't matter that she's tall.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home