knit twisted

where the cats in my head unwind the thread of my thoughts around the legs of the furniture.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

wowza!

look at me, I'm back again. and.. I may not be done yet.

I was sewing the buttons on my baby surprise jacket.. *finally* when the doorbell rang and startled the sweater out of my lap.. was the postman and he brought me TWO packages.

One, a swap from the knitty swap board, two balls of STR fairgrounds.. I'll take their picture later, the camera batteries gave out on me..

and the other, my rut-busting swap package, all the way from australia! such an exciting package.. look!

rut-busting swap :)

a magazine! I can't wait to sit down and enjoy it. :) a magnetic notepad. Someone's been peeking in my kitchen and saw the terrible state my grocery list is in.. I actually *needed* this. :). a skein of striped sock yarn in brown, gray and cream.. I have tons of plain cream to fill in heels toes cuffs/whatever to go with this! 2 balls.. one red, one cream, of alpaca.. wow.. so soft! I'm going to swatch a small bit of this in stripes and see if it comes out of the sink still looking like waldo, or if it comes out lookin' like strawberry shortcake :) doesn't matter either way I don't think, but nice to know from the get-go. :) alpaca socks? or maybe mittens. :) and a big ball of washable wool in gorgeous fern colorway.. all greens and tans and spring-like, from celia's basket. AND.. gummy dinosaurs... AND!!! loads! of cherry ripe (which is now having a nice relaxing cool-down in the fridge!). heaven must be sorta like this. :)

SO fun.. my first knitting-related secret pal swap ever.. won't be my last! wow. :)

Ok.. I'm back..
socks that rock "fairgrounds"

here's the lovely yarn I got today from diane at knitty, in exchange for some of my own that I could spare. socks that rock light weight, in fairgrounds colorway. perhaps not a color I'd have chosen from the full range but! a chance to try out the light weight and see what I think of it. I have a christmas wishlist to prepare, don't ya know.. some STR may want to be on it. then again, it may not. we'll find out. :)

and this..

baby surprise!

is the baby surprise jacket, all done with it's buttons on. I think it's cute. I sure hope it actually fits a baby.

anyone know how big a baby is? I've long since forgotten..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi anno
I am soo glad you liked all the goodies, I bought you a bag and a bar so if any other members of your household try to steal the big cherry ripe bar they can be told- no that is mine have a small one instead. The Fern yarn is from an indy seller here in australia, which thanks to this swap I have now discovered.

Enjoy
(and I will always swap yarn for cherry ripes!!)

Your SP

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home