knit twisted

where the cats in my head unwind the thread of my thoughts around the legs of the furniture.

Friday, August 24, 2007

there's a GIANT spider..

outside.. webbifying the door to the deck.. huge! spider so today's sock portrait was taken on the front steps instead of the deck!

man socks

man socks of fleece artist nova sock, mahogany color. these are definitely fraternal socks.. so much so they look sort of like half-siblings, only one parent in common. the yarn is not colorishly consistent from one end of the skein to the other. I offered to yank 'em out and knit from both ends of the ball at once, once I was sure there was enough yarn to do that but he says they're fine the way they are. *whew*. :) I'm pretty tired of this yarn.. the first sock has had 3 different heels and was finished when I decided the second heel was also not acceptable so.. I'm glad I don't need to keep knitting it.

there was enough yarn to finish both socks, though.. so I'll stress less about that when I get around to knitting the other skeins. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, you are lucky he didn't care! That bottom sock is definitely lighter. What is it with sock yarn? Yours was even from the same skein! That doesn't make sense. Did you encounter a knot and find that the color was different on either side? I've heard of that happening with Jitterbug. Your socks do look very nice though!

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had that happen with my Knitting Olympics socks. But you know, they're still wonderful. Your socks are great, and I say, don't frog them!

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home