knit twisted

where the cats in my head unwind the thread of my thoughts around the legs of the furniture.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Campanula for the Cure

I met this gal, MezzoDiva, on the knittyboards a few weeks ago. She's participating in the weekend to end breast cancer events and has designed a lovely sock, Campanula for the cure, to help with her fund-raising. The pattern is available free of charge, as a thank you for sponsoring her in this event. *and*, there's a knitalong! it even looks like there are prizes! It's a beautiful pattern, a wonderful cause, and I'd like to invite all of you to support this worthy cause and join in on the fun.

Honestly, I do not have this pattern yet. I had the pleasure of making the acquaintance of MezzoDiva on the knittyboards and congratulated her on her lovely pattern and wished her the best success with her worthy undertaking, and all my non-financial support along the way, but unfortunately all my financial support, at least this quarter, is going to my nephew who is running in the chicago marathon in october, to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society. Fighting these blood cancers is a strong goal for our family, we lost my sister's husband, my nephew's father to an especially nasty one 2 years ago.

MezzoDiva kindly offered to share her pattern with me at the time and.. I couldn't ethically allow myself to accept her generous offer since I am not able to offer my financial support to her cause at this time. At least I don't think I accepted, I don't find the pattern in my email! This morning I awoke to an invitation to join the KAL though.. so now I can actually do something to help. I can tell all y'all to go check it out. :)

Please. Go check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home