knit twisted

where the cats in my head unwind the thread of my thoughts around the legs of the furniture.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

progress :)

the campanula is coming along. :)

campanula progress

this sock is really not very relaxing. I cannot memorize this lace, so I have to look at the instructions very frequently, especially throughout the even numbered rows but it's so lovely, and so thoroughly written that I have produced, on my very first ever attempt, a toe up sock (ok, half a toe up sock) that fits me (and my size 10.5 feet, following the included directions for those with longer feet!) perfectly. I'm just amazed. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Dragonridermom said...

That is soooo beautiful. It is worth every moment of concentration.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hi anno,
I just saw your comment on my Clap over at secondwave KAL. It weighs about 220g. I used size 5 needles. The only mod I made was to keep knitting the straight rows until it seemed long enough. I did the set-up and increases the same, it is probably not as wide as the original but still pretty wide. Dropping stitches is very easy with a superwash sock yarn, as I am discovering now with one I am making from Malabrigo where the stitches all seem to stick together!

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home