knit twisted

where the cats in my head unwind the thread of my thoughts around the legs of the furniture.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

a title.. aha.. ok, "now that's done.."

sheesh.. that was surprisingly difficult, making a title happen.. hahaha..

cotlin moss grid towel

here's the cotlin towel. I just cannot photograph anything inside..

as you can probably tell, 2 balls of the cotlin was insufficient to finish the towel.. however.. I had a bit of the natural color left over from erin's sweater and that did prove to be sufficient (for a little bit I was afraid I was going to run out of it *too* and (while I do have a few more balls of that color and could have broken one out.. I didn't want to) was afraid I was going to have to finish it up with 2 or 3 rows of the green. once I reconciled myself to the watermelonish look that would result from that, the natural magically stretched to finish the job. :)

since I still haven't seen the specified euroflax in person, I can't speak to how reasonable a substitute this is, but I do think it made a nice towel and I actually kind of like the odd colored end, so.. pending actually using and laundering this one, I expect I will make some more and use up the rest of this yarn.. I have 2 more balls of the natural, another ball and a bit of the green, and 2 balls each of the turquoise and dark blue.. I think I'll try a feather and fan of the green and turquoise and then moss grid ones with the rest, as far and randomly colored as that takes me. :) but.. one of these days, I *am* going to try the right yarn.. might as well knit up this substitute stuff first though, in case the right stuff ruins it for me.

today, I remain very happy with this towel.
really.. I do like it.. perhaps better, even, with the odd colored end!

technical question: I like the bind off end better than the cast-on end. I used.. what in my head work out to be sort of similar things.. I did the knitting on cast on.. where you start with a loop and knit a stitch of it and slip it to the left needle then knit another stitch and slip it to the left needle and.. on like that? don't know it's name.. and I bound off with the one where you knit a stitch and slip it back and knit two together and slip it back and knit two together and slip it back and.. like that, til you run out.. don't know the name of that either.. but I like how it looks on the end of this towel. is there a way I can put the stitches on in the beginning that would more nearly match that, in appearance?

it's convenient that I'm fonder of the two color end and the bind-off end both, since.. hanging over the towel rod, both my favorite bits present themselves to the public view. :)

knitting a sock today.. a horcrux in medium weight STR henpecked, which arrived the other day from the nice gal that I mentioned the other day.. and whether the smaller stitch count or the smaller needles (this batch really doesn't seem quite as thick as the harlotty for whatever reason, I'm knitting it on 2.5mm needles) or just.. different colorway, this one is behaving in a more appealing way than the harlotty did. I like it better in a less textured pattern too, I think. anyway.. I'm enjoying the sock.. I'll give you a peek when it's a pair. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Penny said...

I love the color combo for the towel, it makes it a little more lady-like. It is really pretty!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Who's the little dude eyeing it? He's adorable.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home