knit twisted

where the cats in my head unwind the thread of my thoughts around the legs of the furniture.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

parrots

I attempted to start a sock from the knitting zone sock challenge recipe book yesterday.. the may sock, if you want to look.. with that opal parrot.

it's a fairly simple looking pattern, some knit rows, some p3 k3 rows, and one real pattern row that wants you to yo, slip 1, k2together, psso, k3, and repeat around. easy enough but.. that's one increase and 2 decreases..

if all the other rows are straight knitting or knitting/purling 1 stitch per stitch.. isn't that going to ultimately make a cone, rather than a sock? or am I just.. pattern-reading-stupid?

so.. what else can I do that's not too complicated and might be interesting with my parrot, that can continue forward on my 80 stitches of ribbing? :) this one wanted me to decrease 2 stitches after the ribbing to make 78 stitches so I can do that too.. right now it's going forward in plain stockinette but it hasn't gone far and I have a lifeline at the end of the rib so.. I can change to something else if I find something else interesting..

I'm thinking the mata hari ones might be ideal.. so.. maybe that's what I'll do. first I'm going to attempt to replace the belt on my vaccuum.. the floor is a disaster.

2 Comments:

Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

wow, those Mata Hari's are excellent!!

Vacuum cleaner?..ewwwww!!!

9:39 PM  
Blogger anno said...

haha.. well.. those mata hari's are lovely, yes. my parrot ones are going to be considerably less so. it's definitely not the perfect marriage of yarn and pattern but.. I think in the end it'll be as good as anything else I coulda come up with to do with that yarn..

I keep tryin' to find the parrot in that yarn and what I keep findin' is a vintage hawaiian shirt. and.. when I find that, I kinda like it. :)

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home