knit twisted

where the cats in my head unwind the thread of my thoughts around the legs of the furniture.

Monday, June 19, 2006

seems to be a trend..

nothin' is working out. :(

while I'm trying to decide what I'm going to do about that blue sock, I started an easy mindless sock.. lion magic stripes, #3 needles. :) it's a proven formula. but.. I decided this was going to be a man sock so I messed with the formula, and cast on 64 stitches. and knit the sock to an 8" leg, garter-short row heel, decided it was definitely too big, decreased after the heel to 56 stitches.. I figured.. sloppy legs you can live with, sloppy feet are house socks.. got to within minutes of the toe decreases and accepted the fact that if I continued as I was.. continuing, these were going to be my socks.

which wouldn't be a bad thing, I *like* my magic stripes socks, they're my 2nd favorite pair of all, I think.. plain perfect fitting socks.. but these were not going to be those socks, being 8 stitches sloppier in the legs and taller than I prefer.. and this is nice man colored yarn, the grandpas would wear these socks if they fit..so, frogged it all the way back to a ball of yarn.

the men I'm related to aren't significantly larger than I am.. some of them are not larger than me at all. some of them are significantly smaller than me. really, they don't even all have bigger feet than me.. so.. biggering the sock that much was silly. started again with 56 stitches. It'll be much nicer. It will fit me, so it will fit the grandpas.. I'll make it a quarter inch too long and that'll do the job.. and.. an even faster mindless knit. I'll probably give it a flap heel this time too.

and then I'll figure out what to do about the blue sock.

1 Comments:

Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal said...

aw heck, I've got some yarns that have been frogged three or four times! It doesn't expire, so if you gotta frog, you gotta frog!

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home