knit twisted

where the cats in my head unwind the thread of my thoughts around the legs of the furniture.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

wedding towels

towels.. better color, worse definition

here are the towels I knit for my nephew for his wedding. this is a not great picture of them because the color is wrong and the definition is not great.. there's a picture on my flickr that shows the pattern great! (in small size..) but the colors are TOTALLY horrid.. rofl.. so.. I picked this one. they are one blue and one green.. just not quite the blue and green they look.

these are the towels from mason dixon book, but I knit them in cotton instead of linen because I cheaped out.. I don't think they're really going to care about the towels (I bought them some stuff off their registry too) so.. I cheaped out on the towels. they're kinda pretty though.. wish you could see them in person. :) and one of these days I'ma knit some of linen but before I get around to that, I'm gonna try one in knitpicks cotlin.. soonish..

with any luck, I should come back from the wedding with a finished pair of monkey harlot socks.. and the horcrux ones came out of the wash today, not quite sparkley.. last time I wore 'em I wore 'em with sandals and walked all over williamsburg so they may never recover from that but.. it was worth it and I'll take their picture when I take the picture of the not yet finished ones. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Penny said...

I wish someone had made us towles when I got married... :-/ Oh well...

BTW, you got tagged

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These look awesome! What yarn did you use? My daughter is moving out next month, and I want to knit her some, but that linen is spendy (as you know). Hmmm, I'm sure I can find a good cotton for them, though.

12:20 PM  
Blogger anno said...

I never know how to answer people when they ask questions here.. this will have to do I reckon.

I used paton's grace for these, and it probably wasn't the best choice, being mercerized. they look nice.. I don't know how absorbant they are. :)

I made one more recently with knitpicks cotlin, that I kept.. so I'm using it, and it's pretty satisfactory, I'll do more. :)

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home