knit twisted

where the cats in my head unwind the thread of my thoughts around the legs of the furniture.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

cedar creek

cedar creek

finally got these finished last night. they weren't all that difficult once they got going but they were fiddly all the way through so I took a fairly good break between the first one and the second one. it's cherry tree hill yarn, in an actual named colorway this time :), something about green mountains, I think. I photographed them several ways and got them to appear 2 different general colors, neither of which really looks much like the color they look in person so.. we'll just go with this one, it's more or less in focus, at least. :) 2.5mm needles. I didn't think they were going to fit me, they look skinny but that ribbing is pretty stretchy, they fit great. :)

was my first time doing a picot top, that wasn't as difficult as I had been afraid it would be. I won't avoid it next time I come across it.

several fiddly socks in a row though, so I've moved on to a pair of plain loud-colored cotton blend summer socks, for a bit of a vacation.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tabitha said...

Love your socks. This is a great pattern for that yarn.

9:12 PM  
Blogger N. Maria said...

Did you say they were being sent to me? :)
Beautiful is a small word for them!
You do great things with your yarn.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Those are gorgeous socks. I think I prefer them in that colourway than the STR for which they are named!

12:17 AM  
Blogger Carrie Penny said...

You make some of the prettiest socks! I love these!

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great socks! Great colour.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Joan said...

Beautiful socks, hope mine look so good some day! I just finished my first pair--have to update my own blog with the picture but I've been out at sea without Internet.

I saw your Gamecock shawl pictures posted as a comment on another blog (Carrie Penny's). Congrats to your daughter, first off!

I'm a 23 year old grad of USC myself, class of 2005. I love the color combination of your yarn, and it's so hard to find any with a really good garnet in it.

Do you have any of it available for sale? If so I'd love to hear from you. My e-mail is jhpravatiner@hotmail.com

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home