knit twisted

where the cats in my head unwind the thread of my thoughts around the legs of the furniture.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

mercury and I aren't getting along?

I didn't make a lot of progress on my monkey sock today. I got to time to do the toe last night and tried it on and decided I really disliked the heel.. I didn't think I liked it in the first place but putting the sock on confirmed that so I put it down and whined about it then slept on it and got up this morning and frogged back to the ankle and gave it a different heel.

I hate to pull the needles out of something because getting the stitches back on the needles is incredibly stressful to me and not the reason I knit! I am not a stress seeker! this is why my AIM name is pollyanno.. well.. the real reason it's pollyanno is because it wouldn't let me be anno, which is who I prefer to be in.. virtualworld.. or.. whatever but anyway, the reason my aim name is pollyanno is because if the job wasn't taken, pollyanna would so be me.. I can la la la my way out of any situation if the people around me will let me (heh) because I.. know, I guess, that everything is just now, and next, it'll be different, and if now is bad, then different is usually better so let's just survive the bad bits and the good bits will come, they always do, really.. long as you let 'em.

but.. pulling the needles out of your knitting is inviting the bad bits to visit! I just have a real hard time doing that.. a philosophical issue even, maybe..

but I yanked the needles out of my sock this morning and ripped it back a long way (ripping back to the ankle is kinda nice because it lets you divide the stressful getting the stitches back on the needles into two parts.. so you survive the first part, get to breathe and rip and wind for a bit and gather new strength to corral the next wave of free-range stitches. and i got 'em all, every last one of 'em, not a single one escaped.

then I gave the sock a new heel flap.. I used the 1: *sl1 k1 2: *sl1 p1 repeat until the flap is as tall as it is wide recipe which gave me a narrower flap than the stockinette one, but much cooshier and shorter, actually, but long enough, and picked up 21 stitches on the sides rather than the 14 I got with the stocknette flap after knitting it until it was way too tall to suit me, so I think the sock is going to fit me better than the first try did and I think it'll last longer because it has a nice heel, but I didn't get far enough to try it on again because..

tonight was dinner and a show night. we have season tickets to the broadway series that comes to town each year and tonight was mama mia, so we went to dinner and mercury tripped me on the way out of the restaurant and gravity did it's usual thing and I became one with the pavement, with various of my pointy bendy bits, resulting in various swellings and bruisings and eventual scabbings but! my salad did not leave it's carryout box and when I regained my feet, all my bits did their jobs and both supported me and relocated me so eventually we got to the play, in the very last nick of time, which is a rant for another day because while I can play the glad game about almost everything else there's not much I hate more than being late! and.. 10 minutes before curtain is late to me.. this was a excuse me excuse me pardon me excuse me so sorry across 45 or so people to get to our seats situation as the music started and the lights dimmed, this was seriously late and *so* not my fault.. but! hopefully alla those people forgave us, we did get our butts in our seats before it got dark and it was *excellent*.. great show. really enjoyable. I didn't even get miserable and I *always* get miserable when we go to these shows because this place is toxic to me somehow, I swear.. miserable... lovely place, makes me sick every time but not tonight when by all rights I shoulda been miserable from the getgo. go figure. it was excellent. :)

but now I'm dodging sleep because I can't figure out how to lay down because my skinless bits are not scabby yet and my bruised bits are not going to want me to lay on them and I can't figure out how to get horizontal without some bit of me screaming..

6 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Penny said...

Ouch! I am sorry hun, but at least you got to see Mama Mia and did not get sick... I wanted to go and see it, but we don't have time now that it is in town... I hope that your scabby bits scab and you can rest!

10:33 AM  
Blogger anno said...

I did get to see the show, and it was really great.. we have season tickets to the broadway series so plenty of advance notice to keep those nights free and.. it's nice, to be certain we have at least 4 good nights out a year.. haha.

the scabby bits are doing ok today.. now that they're not yelling for attention all the time I can notice the unmarked bits that hurt more. :-P

owie. I'll live though. :)

6:15 PM  
Blogger Carrie Penny said...

HUG! Bisou! I am still sorry owies are still owies...

8:26 PM  
Blogger Carrie Penny said...

I can't get to your pictures, it says that they are unavailible to me.

11:10 PM  
Blogger anno said...

they look kinda abbreviated, the links.. wonder if I can tiny them..

http://tinyurl.com/ytx5en
http://tinyurl.com/226dju

try those :)

11:17 PM  
Blogger Carrie Penny said...

Boy did those work! That is beautiful! I love it! How long did it take you to make that pattern? Where did you find such a great yarn? PRETTY! My mind is just reeling!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home