knit twisted

where the cats in my head unwind the thread of my thoughts around the legs of the furniture.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

monkey see monkey do :)

monkey socks

here they are, my finished monkey socks. they should be in the mail today but they're not.. tomorrow I hope. :)

I changed the heel.. I don't know what the name of this heel is, but it works like.. you do the normal sl1 k1 on the right side, then you turn it around and do sl1 p1 on the flip side, and keep doing that back and forth. it takes more rows to get long enough but feels so nice.. and looks nice, I think.

they're going to be for my sister for her birthday, the yarn is regia nordic in some colorway that's blue, and I bought it at that yarn shop in heidelberg while we were traveling in january, so it seemed destined to be her socks. hope she likes them. I wish I'd bought more of that yarn..



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That's one really nice pair of socks! I've been hearing & seeing so much of this pattern lately; yours is such a nice knit-up of it that I'm totally sold on the pattern. Wish I had a sister who knit for me! : )

8:54 PM  
Blogger Carrie Penny said...

Those are so pretty! She would have to be crazy to not love them!

9:24 AM  
Blogger DJ said...

HI, I'm not positive, but I think that heel st. pattern is called 'eye of partridge'. That's what I have been calling it for quite some time, anyway. I guess I should look that up somewhere, shouldn't I?
Love the socks, and Turkenstein!
Hugs, DJ in SW MI

7:17 PM  
Blogger DJ said...

Ooops, silly me, I shouldn't try to view 2 blogs at once. I'm not smart enought to keep them separate in my little pea brain, I guess. Turkenstein was a chicken on a different blog. Sorry.
DJ

7:19 PM  
Blogger Val said...

That's my chicken. Glad you like her! I'm knitting Monkey socks right now, in Sweet Georgia "Coffeebean".

12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow...that socks is pretty!! did u knit it toe up???

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home