knit twisted

where the cats in my head unwind the thread of my thoughts around the legs of the furniture.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

the christmas socks


the christmas socks, originally uploaded by alsoanno.

here they are, all 9 pairs. :) finished the last one in the wee hours of this morning.





the socks for ted's brother and sister-in-law, matching ones of lion magic stripes



the socks for my FIL (the ones of the same yarn the other day are for my dad), plain stockinette socks, cherry tree hill mill end.



the socks for ted's sister.. another cherry tree hill mill end, some waffle-ish pattern from sensational knitted socks, I forget which one now. I wish this pair was mine.. but there's more of the yarn so.. it still can be, I guess. :)



her husband's socks.. a regia, 3x1 rib.. started and finished in plain cream regia to be sure the yarn lasted to the end and the stripes matched. :)



my MIL's socks, of an english yarn (curious yarns? I think? gothic colorway) I swapped koolaid for with katie-daisy. :) plain stockinette, short row heel.



my sister's socks.. a different colorway of that same regia as the BIL's, plain stockinette sock, short row heel.



mom's socks.. still another cherry tree hill mill end, these are bluebell rib from sensational knitted socks. I wish this pair was mine too but like the other, there's more of the yarn, it can be, if I want to knit it again.



and here they are all bundled up and ready to be wrapped, packed, and mailed off tomorrow.

next up.. socks for my trip! and some felted mice for the cats stockings and maybe an ear-warmer or two..

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Wow, what a wonderful collection of sock! I particularly like that gothic colourway. You have a very lucky family!

10:27 PM  
Blogger chappy said...

your socks are awesome! your family is very lucky!

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful Xmas socks!!

(but what have you done for me LATELY??...hMMMM???)

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home